BMTA ACTIVITY CALENDAR
BMTA normally schedules four or five hikes per month, some “leisure” hikes that are shorter and easier and some 5 to 8 miles and of moderate difficulty. In addition, we have occasional backpacking hikes and more difficult ones that might be called “hardy hikes.” Occasionally we co-sponsor hikes with other organizations. Some, but not all, of our hikes are “dog friendly.” Although more hikes are in Georgia than the other states, you will find hikes in all three BMT states: Georgia, North Carolina, and Tennessee.
- This event has passed.
GA August 8 Work Trip
August 8, 2020
Where: Section 8 a/b (Bushy Head Gap to McKenny Gap) and 8h (Dyer Gap to points beyond…)
When: Saturday, August 8, 2020
Meet: 8:15 at the Home Depot parking lot near Dairy Queen (10012 Blue Ridge Dr., Blue Ridge, GA 30513).
Plan for the Day: Brushing, light tread work, and tree removal. Certified Chain Sawyers needed!
What to bring: minimum 2 liters of water, long pants, boots, gloves, and lunch/snack.
Contact: Bob Cowdrick firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-431-5353 (Please RSVP so we can plan on the number of tools and helmets.)
Yes! The second Saturday of the month is creeping up on us again…
- If you believe you are in a high risk group, please evaluate whether going on this maintenance trip is worth the potential risk.
- Individuals should consider whether carpooling is increasing his/her personal risk.
- Masks are optional, but social distancing should be maintained as best as possible.
- We will not have food at the conclusion of the work trip.
- Crews must have a maximum of 10 (including the leaders).
- Multiple crews can operate at the same time, but they have to be working in different locations.
With these guidelines in place, we will meet at the Home Depot in Blue Ridge. We will split into two or three crews, coordinate, and then head out to the trail. Safety Debrief and the distribution of tools/helmets will take place at the trailhead with your assigned leaders.
Phil and Debra are out of town getting their son, Joel, married off.
Come one…come all…
I look forward to working alongside each of you!
Bob (email@example.com or 404-431-5353)
BMTA members and guests must recognize there are risks and responsibilities involved and be willing to assume these risks. In order to participate, members and guests are required to sign a waiver of liability at the beginning of each BMTA event. If the parent does not accompany a minor, the disclaimer for minors must be signed in advance.