BMTA ACTIVITY CALENDAR
BMTA normally schedules four or five hikes per month, some “leisure” hikes that are shorter and easier and some 5 to 8 miles and of moderate difficulty. In addition, we have occasional backpacking hikes and more difficult ones that might be called “hardy hikes.” Occasionally we co-sponsor hikes with other organizations. Some, but not all, of our hikes are “dog friendly.” Although more hikes are in Georgia than the other states, you will find hikes in all three BMT states: Georgia, North Carolina, and Tennessee.
- This event has passed.
GA Work Trip June 12
Where: Sections 6b, 6c and 6d: Fall Branch Falls to Weaver Creek Road
Time: 8:30 AM
Meeting Location: Home Depot Parking Lot, Blue Ridge, GA, in the parking lot, nearest the Dairy Queen
Plan for the Day: We will have multiple crews working on badly needed water diversions and tread repair from Fall Branch Falls to Weaver Creek Road, at least one saw crew to handle blowdowns and a couple of crews working with sling blades, brushcutters and loppers. Crews will be divided up at the gathering location and dispersed to 3 different trail access points – Fall Branch Falls, Weaver Creek and Stanley Gap trailhead parking lots.
What to Wear and Bring: Minimum 2 liters of water, long pants, boots, gloves, helmets, and lunch/snack.
*Be sure to let me know if you prefer an easier, moderate or more strenuous assignment for the day.
RSVP:: So we can plan tools and other PPE, please contact Bob Cowdrick at GAMaintDirector@bmtamail.org, (678) 215-5276, Crew Leader Patrick Ward at email@example.com or (678) 675-8063 — or complete the form below to sign up for this trip.
• If you believe you are in a high risk group, please evaluate whether going on this maintenance trip is worth the potential risk.
• Individuals should consider whether carpooling is increasing his / her personal risk.
• Masks are optional, but social distancing should be maintained as much as possible.
• We will not have food at the conclusion of the work trip.
• Crews have a maximum of 10 (including the leaders).
• Multiple crews can operate at the same time, but they must be working in different locations.
RSVP GA Work Trip June 12 2021
BMTA members and guests must recognize there are risks and responsibilities involved and be willing to assume these risks. In order to participate, members and guests are required to sign a waiver of liability at the beginning of each BMTA event. If the parent does not accompany a minor, the disclaimer for minors must be signed in advance.