BMTA ACTIVITY CALENDAR
BMTA normally schedules four or five hikes per month, some “leisure” hikes that are shorter and easier and some 5 to 8 miles and of moderate difficulty. In addition, we have occasional backpacking hikes and more difficult ones that might be called “hardy hikes.” Occasionally we co-sponsor hikes with other organizations. Some, but not all, of our hikes are “dog friendly.” Although more hikes are in Georgia than the other states, you will find hikes in all three BMT states: Georgia, North Carolina, and Tennessee.
- This event has passed.
GA Work Trip September 11
Where: Section 6b – Fall Branch Falls
When: Saturday, September 11, 2021
Time: 8:30 AM
Meeting Location: Craddock Center Parking lot, located at 186 Fred Craddock Drive, Cherry Log, GA 30522
Plan for the day: Following the check-in and our safety briefing at the Craddock Center, we will carpool to the Fall Branch Falls parking area. Under the direction of John Stephens and Jake Beggs, of the USFS, we will have multiple crews working to restore the trails at Fall Branch Falls. This will include installing some fencing, creating some trail barriers and initializing some revegetation.
What to Wear and What to Bring: Minimum 2 liters of water, long pants, boots, gloves, helmets and lunch/snack.
To RSVP Contact: Ken Cissna at email@example.com.
Watch for additional information in emails and on the BMTA website!
• If you believe you are in a high risk group, please evaluate whether going on this maintenance trip is worth the potential risk.
• Individuals should consider whether carpooling is increasing his / her personal risk.
• Masks are optional, but social distancing should be maintained as much as possible.
• We will not have food at the conclusion of the work trip.
• Crews have a maximum of 10 (including the leaders).
• Multiple crews can operate at the same time, but they must be working in different locations.
RSVP GA Work Trip September 11
BMTA members and guests must recognize there are risks and responsibilities involved and be willing to assume these risks. In order to participate, members and guests are required to sign a waiver of liability at the beginning of each BMTA event. If the parent does not accompany a minor, the disclaimer for minors must be signed in advance.